Custom-made Duvets, Quilts & Spreads
Contact janet@tcovers.com PH: 513-677-5447 Fax: 513-677-5418



Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mallory Bat Mitzvah Gift






It was Mallory's big day...her Bat mitzvah...and I wanted to give her a special gift. I had worked with her in the Loveland Stage Company where her acting has been a joy to watch over the years. Ever enthusiastic, ready to take on a challenge, she always appears unafraid. She has the capacity for much giving, growing, and loving. When I gave her this Mallory T-cover, she was amazed. This is the story of my life, she marveled as she spread it over her living room floor. She proceeded to tell the story of each square. I saved her thank you note..."Thank you so much for the all-about-me quilt. You gave me one of the neatest gifts I have ever seen! Every time I lay down to go to sleep under my cozy quilt, I think of you!" [P.S., I'm trying to increase the number of blankets I make each month...so mention Mallory before February 15 with your blanket order, and I'll include a T-cover travel pillow for free!]  Now, I am working with Mallory's Mom, Bari Kraus, to organize the Got Talent-2 talent show for Loveland Intermediate School 7th & 8th graders which will be on February 26th. Come see Mallory on-stage!  I love that so many kids her age fill their lives with creativity, sports, connecting to others, learning, and contributing. Making a blanket that celebrates this is an honor for me. Go Mallory!

No comments:

Post a Comment